Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sharp Contrast

The weekend after the marathon I went back to Ohio for the wedding of one of my dearest friends. This is the first time the three girls I ran around with in high school and I have all been together in years (yes, once again, pictures pending...). The bride opted for a smaller wedding with mostly close friends and family. The ceremony was held at the church that she grew up in, and the reception was held at the Columbus Museum of Art. It was beautiful, and I was so happy for her. It was incredibly nice to attend a wedding in which the bride and the groom seem so suited to one another. The four girls, or "blonde ambition" as I started calling us, had a wonderful time and a lot of laughs reminiscing about our high school and collegiate exploits. In Indy I only have one 'old' friend (two if you count Eric), the kind of friend who knows your story and you don't have to explain yourself to, so it was really nice to spend several days in my old comfort zone.

After the wedding, I spent the rest of the weekend with my dad and Eric. My little brother and step mother were up towards Cleveland at a hockey tournament. Spending some quality time with dad was the perfect way to end the weekend.

Unfortunately, the events of the weekend have been put in a sour contrast with my week thus far. So far, school work has been flowing like Vesuveus, I got a grade on one of my most recent assignments that made me question what on earth I'm doing in this program (something I ask myself at least once a week), and work is going absolutely utterly insane. I'm not an idiot-- I knew there were going to be weeks like this when I started my program, but if 'knowing is half the battle' I think actually going through it is the uglier half. Here's hoping for a weekend of productivity and recovery! Since the weekend is still 3 days away I think I may be stretching that one a bit.

No comments: