Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tolerably Challenging

Welcome to 2009... I get the distinct impression that things are going to continue to move at mach 5; so really, until New Year's Eve of 2010, I'm not really going to know the difference between '08, '09, or '10. I was talking to one of my classmates this morning. She mentioned the fact that we have one year and eleven months to go-- definitely could have gone without that little tidbit. Not a particutlarly inspiring bit of news.

Today I had another session with the personal trainer. Let me clarify, he's not really my personal trainer. Maybe someday when I'm bringing in the big bucks... ;) One of the women that I play soccer with hired him to create soccer-specific workouts for her, and she likes having teammates there to join in on the 'fun'. Of course I signed right up! I never get to workout with anyone, let alone having a trainer there to guide me through everything (and by 'guide' I mean drag my breathless butt along from one confounding activitiy to the next). I really like this trainer. His workouts are incredibly challenging, and we never do the same thing twice. I've been going for over a month now and I've noticed a pretty substantial improvement in my plyometric fitness, as well as overall strength on the soccer field. Today's workout was particularly difficult (read: sadistic). Walking and I may not be friends tomorrow, but at least it got me away from the dreaded accounting for a while.

Happy New Year! (well, Happy New Year in 2011... but in the meantime, here's hoping for a tolerably challenging 2009. Cheers!)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Cheers to you too!! I don't know how I missed this entry...

I am sure you should be mobile by now!!!