Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad Day

Today was a little rough on the uptake. Work was slammed, my run during my lunch break was awful. It was only 6 miles, but you would have thought it was 26 (oh wait, that's the marathon, um-- yikes). It was one of those days where I looked at the clock in my office and I couldn't get it to slow down. When I looked at the clock on the treadmill I couldn't get it to speed up. My day was capped off by a 5:00 e-grade update from my quant professor telling me via Windows media player that I needed to work on my grammar in my quant memorandums. Talk about devastating. I have always prided myself on good grammar and above-average-writing skills. If I can't even do those things right in my quant class... well, I'm in worse shape than I thought (and the shape I thought I was in was pretty bad to begin with!). Feeling overwhelmed, slow, sore, and dumb. Outstanding.

All of this was drawn in sharp contrast to the gorgeous evening I had last night. Eric and I went to dinner at a new acquaintance's home. We had one of the most fun evenings I can remember as of late, so today was quite the letdown by comparison.

Sigh, perhaps tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ummm...please do not tell me Self-Deprecating is Guilt's ugly step sister...I don't have room for all these new companions in my tiny bungalow.

Seriously, those B-school folks will break you down before they build you up. Remeber when Leifer got a 40 on his first mid-term? I have never seen him in worse shape, but then it all worked out in the end didn't it?

Hang in there!!