Monday, September 1, 2008

A Celebrated Weekend

Well, the camera was forgotten in Indianapolis, so no pictures to commemorate the weekend... visual enhancements will have to wait for a different installment, the dog's heartworm medicine was also forgotten on top of the fridge (hopefully the doggy version of CDFS isn't reading this, she did get her medicine when we got home), but overall it was an outstanding weekend on the river. A good time seemed to be had by all; it was certainly had by my little clan. I'm pretty sure Kappa's idea of heaven involves being around as many people as possible 24/7, which is exactly what happens to her down at the river. Right now she's blissed out, dead asleep on her bed.
Saturday afternoon I took the wave runner out for a spin by myself. It was fun, and, in an odd way, liberating to be out skipping across the water by myself. With only one, relatively small person on there, that thing can really move; although, on the flip side, one, relatively small person does have enough weight to keep the wave runner in the water very well so whenever I hit other boat's wakes I had to slow down or go airborn. I have fun jumpin around, but it's not my wave runner so I think it best to be slightly more cautious than not. I don't know what I'd do if I broke it, and logistically speaking, I don't have the foggiest idea how I'd get back to the dock. Regardless, it was a great way to start off the weekend down at the river. When I came back I got on the boat with Eric and his family for a little afternoon float. (Again, wouldn't it be nice to have pictures to go along with this entry???)
Sunday I got up and went over to downtown Madison where, to my great surprise and supreme relief, the coffee shop had wireless access. Welcome to the life of a B-schooler. I studied there all morning and then came back for another afternoon out on the water. I wish every weekend could feel so sunny and celebrated. Saturday night everyone gathered for a big Labor Day meal and a fun evening of miscellaneous summer activities including, of course and much to my delight, the aforementioned s'mores.
This morning, Eric, Kappa, and I came home to rest and regroup before the start of another insane week. I'm studying, Eric's playing on the other computer, and Kappa is completely passed out, probably dreaming of all the fun she had this weekend. More studying for me this evening, but it sure was a great weekend.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ummm...not breaking the wave runner was a good call, but if you had I am fairly certain your fit self could have made the swim back! Now, if I found myself capsized in a lake it would be really ugly. glug. glug. glug.