Thursday, August 28, 2008

River Weekend

Tomorrow is the last day before a three day weekend. I'm not sure if it's possible to be looking more forward to it than I am right now. Granted, tomorrow will start at 4:45 a.m. with a two-hour long run that, God willing, I won't get stormed on in the process, because I HATE to run in the rain. Then I will go to work, and then I will come home only to work more on my statistics primer. What a wild start to a wild weekend... or not.

Eric, Kappa, and I will take off down to Madison, Indiana for a long weekend of boating, and general outdoor fun complete with campfires and smores (maybe I'll be able to get multimedia'd up in here and post some pictures... we'll see how creative I feel this weekend) I don't know what backyard genious came up with the smore, but whoever they were, they were undoubtedly a brilliant cullinary mind ;o) Of course the laptop and school work will be in tow, but that's okay. I'd much rather study down in Madison after a day of fun on the water than sit inside my apartment all weekend loathing the fact that I wasted summer's last great days. Besides, Madison has this utterly adorable little coffee shop that I'm pretty sure has wireless access, so that will make for pleasant study sessions.

I love going down to the river. Eric's family is great, and it's a lot of fun for me to see Eric in his element. He loves going down there, and watching him on the water it's so easy to see that he has done this his whole life. Everything is simple and fluid for him-- like the river itself. I, on the other hand, did not grow up on the water. I don't know the first thing about boats, waterskiing, currents, smooth water, choppy water... I'm a damn good swimmer, but that's about the extent of it. I'm pretty much useless, even when I try to 'help', which is a term I'll use loosely in this context since I'm really not helpful at all down there. At least when I fall in the river trying to 'help', and that's a pretty inevitable 'when', well, then I'll know what to do. So here's hoping for a fun (and studious, sigh) Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: