Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Definition

This is the beginning... (and, in some ways, the continuation) of so many happenings. I have officially bitten off more than I can chew, and of course, hilarity and insanity will surely follow. I have decided to chronicle this journey for a few reasons: 1) I will eventually want to look back over my musings and laugh 2) It may be the easiest way to convey to friends and family that I am, in fact, still alive and kicking 3) It seems like fun, and if I don't engage my right brain in something creative I fear it will shrivel up altogether, never to be seen or heard from again.

Now, why use a dictionary definition to title the blog? Well, for starters, I am signed up for the Chicago marathon; although, I'm currently healing a stress fracture, so I've got my fingers crossed on that coming together as planned. I have always loved sports, and running in particular, so what better way to embrace those things than by running a marathon? Second, I have recently started an MS/MBA program through Purdue and Indiana University. It will take 2.5 years and here I find myself standing at the bottom of a mountain, staring straight up, with absolutely no vision of where the top might be (or if it's even there). Additionally, I work full time, coach girl's travel soccer, play in my own soccer leagues, and have a boyfriend and a dog--the two highlights of my day when I finally skuttle through the door. I love this definition because it encompasses the opportunities that lay ahead--taking flight, the challenges that will inevitably prompt a whole lot of departing quickly. Yes, I am literally attempting to run a marathon, but more than that, I am running forward-- full steam ahead-- into what, I'm not entirely sure, but here the story begins.

No comments: